On 09/06/2018 01:15 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:

I see what's happening there.  It appears the IDE team is attempting to use a floating palette in a highly unusual way: rather than floating on top of a document, it's assumed to be placed at the left and when it is the windowBoundingRect is adjusted so that no other windows can be placed in a way that overlap it.  When the tool palette is moved to any other location sufficiently away from the left edge, the windowBoundingRect is apparently restore to the normal bounds everyone normally expects.

You will find that the IDE's change to the windowBoundingRect affects all windows when using the maximize option for a window.

This affects the dragging of 4W devolution's window because I have a customized appearance with my own title bar, and have scripted the dragging behavior to account for the windowBoundingRect so the window cannot be submarined beneath the menu bar or the Dock.

Interesting. I haven't used the tools palette for many years, but I see no strange interactions between PowerTools and Devolution either on linux or on osx. Is the built-in tools palette doing something it shouldn't be doing then? That sounds worthy of a bug report.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com