Hi,

me too like rOOP, but I feel it is a little incomplete, just one more step. The ones that you call real objects are limited to user interface controls only. The thing I was curious about is a possibility to create an independent data object which is nor control neither a gui element. Which in this case may simply mean enhanced arrays...

What for ?. I think this would make code cleaner and reduce amount of commenting in larger projects.. Also facilitate creation or adoptions of existing libraries in C or C++ for very specific purposes - like reading shapefiles, netcdfs, doing geographical transformations, astronomy, bioinformatics, etc... This consequently will increase the scope of applications that can be created in Rev and hopefully availability of diverse libraries.

In general it would make creation of complex software easier. We can already simulate objects using arrays, but at least the code would be more readable (!!!) if I were able to distinguish array operations from object manipulations.

Best wishes
Viktoras

Mark Schonewille wrote:
Hi,

I just don't get it. I never ever felt a need for OOP and I just can't imagine I ever will, using xTalks. I'd call xTalk rOOP (really object oriented programming) because xTalk uses real objects, like fields, buttons, etc.

Why don't you simply forget about OOP? What does OOP have that rOOP doesn't?

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Get your store on-line within minutes with Salery Web Store software. Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 19-mrt-2008, om 13:25 heeft viktoras didziulis het volgende geschreven:

I would like to define a class, an object (the both with their properties) and methods that are not a part of graphical user interface or Revolution engine...