David C. wrote:

Will do on the bug report...

Before you submit a report, could you do a test? I don't have Win7 to test on, but we should make sure it's really excluding the extension.

Try something like this from the multi-line pane in the message box:

 ask file "Choose a file:"
 put it

When you select a file, use your click method to choose it. Then see if the extension is in the file path that appears in the message box. If it is, I don't think Rev's misbehaving. If it isn't, then Richard's on to something and there's a problem.