Does my implementation of the code that Jacque and Peter supplied look
okay or maybe I should be looking for something else? Maybe I
shouldn't be concerned since it is working sans the time stamp on the
file. ?????

Sounds to me like your script and Rev are behaving fine, but Windows isn't updating the folder data immediately. OS X does that too. You have to close the current folder, open a different one, and then re-open the first to force an update.