Van: User-list [mailto:user-list-boun...@realsoft.com] Namens Jan Schmitz
Verzonden: dinsdag 16 mei 2017 18:22
Aan: user-list@realsoft.com
Onderwerp: Re: [User-list] i have a pen..

Hi Robert,

in addition to Lees excellent mail, I'd like to give some further suggestions.
I quickly pulled the image into photoshop and sketched the things that can be
improved, to gain a more realistic and more appealing render. (Download the
image and toggle between the to versions, to see the adjustments better).

1. Clean reflections: In product photography you usually don't want to see the
whole room in the reflection, so you set up a bunch of grey to white gradients,
that appear in the reflections. This helps us to instantly recognize the
material as a chrome material.

2. The cap at the end of the pen doesn't seem to have a shader, it renders
constant black. You'll need something there, that resembles plastic or rubber
and gives some smooth reflections. (As Lee already said)

3. The camera is very telephoto, so you'd expect some depth of field.

4. The wood texture needs a lot more contrast.

I hope this helps, the pen looks really nice!

Kind regards,

Jan

Jan Schmitz
Meyerheimstraße 1
10439 Berlin

+49 151 418 431 04 <tel:+49%201514%201843104>