I did follow the steps you suggested with the same results. Here is a crash log
from that process.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joan Touzet [mailto:woh...@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:07 PM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: CouchDB 2.0.0 on Windows 10

Hi Chris,

I'm unable to reproduce this problem here. Something about the old 1.6 version
being present on the machine first seems to cause the issue. Have you tried:

1) Uninstalling 1.6
2) Rebooting
3) Installing 2.0
4) Rebooting
5) Starting the service

If you have a crash log and can post it I'd greatly appreciate it.