From: Diwaker Gupta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:26 PM
To: user@forrest.apache.org
Subject: Re: Forrest run works but forrest doesn't

On Monday 01 August 2005 8:23 pm, Phillip Evans wrote:
> I am running under windows xp. I am running 'forrest' and 'forrest run'
> from the site directory that I ran forrest seed in. $FORREST_HOME is
> set to the directory above the site directory, ie
> 'apache-forrest-0.7'. Listed below is the broken links file generated
> by the build, the majority of which I am guessing relates to the failure
to generate the LH Navigation.

Can you please paste the output of a "forrest site". My guess is that this
is a plugin related issue, but I'd rather not speculate without further
evidence.

> My next step is to start a new seed site and apply my changes one step
> at a time and test with both 'forrest run' and 'forrest' at each
> stage. What better way to learn?

Yes, the very first test should be that you are able to seed a fresh project
and run Forrest in both static and dynamic modes without any errors. If that
works, then something specific to your project is causing problems
(forrest.properties, skinconf, validation etc).

Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net