On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 1:06 PM, <harry.dev...@faa.gov> wrote:

> /var/log/messages doesn’t show anything at all when I try the login.
> Also, when I click Login, the area at the top of the Developer Tools window
> (with the times in it 2000ms, 4000ms, etc.) updates, but the list of
> javascript files that is accessed doesn’t change.  The tokens file/topic is
> in red, and it says that the Initiator is angular.js on line 9902.

Okay, a couple of things for you:

- This thread started out as an issue with the LDAP module/authentication,
but I'm fairly convinced it has absolutely nothing to do with LDAP.  Have
you tried removing the LDAP module and just using something like the JDBC
module, or even the simple file authentication module, and see if it works
at all like that?  I suspect it will not, but it would be good to confirm.
- What client platform are you running (Windows, Linux, etc.), and have you
tried it on more than one client system, and preferably on more than one
platform?
- This issue really sounds like some sort of security software intercepting
the browser's attempt to log in to the system.  Do you have any sort of A/V
or security extension installed in the browser (e.g. McAfee, Symantec,
etc.), any of the Chrome Enterprise Group Policies deployed, or any sort of
web security software running on the client, that could be blocking this
web page from actually submitting the data to the Guacamole system?  The
behavior you are describing sounds very much like something is stopping the
browser from actually making the call to the REST endpoint, and not like a
Tomcat/servlet issue.