On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:47:21 -0400
Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 8:24 AM Stephan von Krawczynski <skraw...@ithnet.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have a setup of guacamole where the user authentication is done by ldap
> > (openldap slapd). Is there an easy way to hand the client IP over to ldap
> > bind
> > requests?
> >

> Maybe you can provide a little more detail on what you're trying to
> accomplish? I'm sure it's possible, but probably not without modifications
> to the code. Also, it'd be interesting to know why this is a desired or
> required configuration?
>
> -Nick

Hello Nick,

think of the client IP as a kind of trigger to allow or deny certain
authentication procedures. "Username"/"PW" tuple is a bit weak for a nowadays
authentication, maybe you should expect more parameters in the future.
I think one should be able to select from these inside the authenticator - be
it ldap or even a simple script provided with an array of parameters answering
yes or no in the end as exit code.

--
Regards,
Stephan