Can you jmeter proxy machine see the server you are testing against?

-----Original Message-----
From: sachin Dhote [mailto:sjdh...@gmail.com]
Sent: 14 February 2018 11:28
To: JMeter Users List <user@jmeter.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Query regarding testing the Native mobile app performance using
J-meter

Hi Pravesh

I tried with Blaze meter also but there also same result I am getting.

Thanks and Regards
Sachin

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 4:03 PM, Pravesh Prajapati <
prajapati.prav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sachin,
>
> Is your application uses https protocol for communication?
> I will suggest you to record your scripts from blazemeter recorder and
> then export it in jmx format and then the same can be executed in Jmeter.
>
> Regards,
> Pravesh P
>
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 9:18 PM, Pravesh Shrivastava <
> pravesh.shrivast...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You may refer below link. It gives you all the steps involved in
> > mobile proxy settings and details about JMeter test on mobile app.
> >
> > https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/load-testing-mobile-apps-made-easy
> >
> > I followed the above url for one of my mobile application
> > Performance Testing
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Pravesh Shrivastava
> > +91-7755918521
> >

> > On Feb 14, 2018 15:21, "sachin Dhote" <sjdh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Guys
> >

> > Before asking a query, I will elaborate what I am trying to test;
> >
> > I want to test the native mobile app performance using J-meter. I am
> using
> > Redmi Note 4 android mobile for testing.
> >
> > I configured the proxy server on my mobile as below;
> >
> > 1.       Disconnected the Mobile date and Wi-fi data is ON
> >
> > 2.       Installed the J-meter certificate on my mobile.
> >
> > 3.       Select the Wi-fi Network and in advance setting I configured the
> > host name and proxy as 8080( Same proxy which I put in J-meter HTTPS
> > test script recorder.
> >
> > 4.       Then start the proxy server.
> >
> > 5.       Try to login to my application.
> >
> > Result: Internet connection gets lost and I am not able to login to
> > the Application. When I open Google app in chrome browser then I am
> > getting
> an
> > error . Refer attached images for more details(‘Google
> > Chrome_Error_After Running Proxy server.png’ and ‘Google
> > Chrome_Error_more details.png’)
> >

> > Then I followed the steps mention on “https://vmokshagroup.com/
> > blog/how-to-test-native-app-performance-using-apache-jmeter/” url
> > if I mam testing from behind a firewall/proxy server.
> >
> > This time also same result is coming which I mentioned above.
> >
> > Could you please assist me in resolving this problem, what could be
> > the issue?
> >

> > *NOTE:*
> >
> > *After doing proxy setting on mobile and before running proxy server
> > I tried to open www.google.com <http://www.google.com> web site then
> > it
> give
> > error as below;*
> >
> > *“You are offline.*
> >
> > *There is something wrong with the proxy server, or the address is
> > incorrect.*
> >
> > *Try:*
> >
> > *Contacting the system admin.*
> >
> > *Error_Proxy_Cnnection_Failed”*
> >

> > Thanks and Regards
> > Sachin Dhote

> [...]

The information included in this email and any files transmitted with it may
contain information that is confidential and it must not be used by, or its
contents or attachments copied or disclosed to, persons other than the intended
addressee. If you have received this email in error, please notify BJSS. In the
absence of written agreement to the contrary BJSS' relevant standard terms of
contract for any work to be undertaken will apply. Please carry out virus or
such other checks as you consider appropriate in respect of this email. BJSS
does not accept responsibility for any adverse effect upon your system or data
in relation to this email or any files transmitted with it. BJSS Limited, a
company registered in England and Wales (Company Number 2777575), VAT
Registration Number 613295452, Registered Office Address, First Floor, Coronet
House, Queen Street, Leeds, LS1 2TW.