One or another "alone" is not good.

Supporting both makes sense.

On 11/30/2015 01:17 PM, David Leangen wrote:

Hi,

I think the maven repository is also a really nice hand over point between the
developer and deployer roles you defined. The developer builds the bundles as
well as the
index into the maven repository and the deployer installs from there.

Perhaps you could explain to me why, other than for backwards compatibility and
perhaps because of wide adoption, working with maven is such a good thing? For
those reasons, I agree that maven is necessary to maintain; but to chain people
to maven, I am not so sure.

It seems to me that the OSGi model (OBR) is enough, and is the “OSGi Way”.
Maven is a different world. Since I have been maven-free, it has been quite
liberating. I see OSGi in a different (IMO nicer) way now. :-)

Just my 2yen.

Cheers,
=David