Hi,

you can use Pax Exam[1] for that and start Karaf embedded, this will give
you a clean state for every run.
The other way would be to have a Karaf with Jolokia running and deploy via
JMX, I once created a sample for that [2].

regards, Achim

[1] - https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/PAXEXAM4/Pax+Exam
[2] -
https://github.com/ANierbeck/Karaf-Microservices-Tooling/tree/master/karaf-deployer-maven-plugin