Though that is kind of telling me that relationships only exist in java as
wrappers for an ordered tuple of nodes. I guess I was thinking that they
were stored/accessed differently as unique objects(since they each have an
id)... maybe they are but neo4j isn't exposing a method for parsing
relationships directly, that is without going through a node first.
  The method you suggested seems like the long way to parse all
relationships. Still, I will use it nonetheless ;)

Thank you!