If I got you right, then what you want is something that has the exact lifetime
of the agent process and allows you any kind of a custom API.

Maybe you should consider using a module for this. There is this notion of so
called anonymous modules. Such module simply coexists with the parent process,
in your case the agent.
See http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/modules/
<http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/modules/> for more.

Such module in combination with a custom executor might get you where you need
to be…. at least that is what I am hoping for.