Hi Ali,

For the grok parser there are essentially two passes at the grok pattern. The
first determines the header and the device type, which then controls the
pattern used for the second pass, which is device specific. Both patterns
depend on the standard grok patterns in /patterns/asa on either the hdfs
patterns path or the resources within compiled jars.

If you wish to extend these you could just edit the patterns on the hdfs
location (if for example you have additional fields you need to extract beyond
the device defaults). This could be brittle to parser upgrades so it's worth
tracking any future changes to be underlying base patterns.

Simon