2) currently we have 2 different controls: "zoom" and "document navigator"
both old fashioned, both occupy too much space, here is the sketch by
Denis: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-1642 (attached to
issue)
I personally like it, it is minimalistic, it should be almost invisible
while hovered, it can be additionally styled with CSS

4) I would love to hear Peter opinion :))

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax