Dear OpenMeetings Community,

It would be great to learn about Ed's ideas on "function hub".  In the
meantime, as requested by Maxim, here are our thoughts about the Page Navigator.

The salient part is the navigator appears and disappears in "real-time",
thereby making the UI more user friendly.  That is,
1. when a file is displayed and disappears when the displayed file is removed.
This gives more working space for other relevant items.
2. only on the whiteboard where there is a displayed file.

Perhaps we could have a similar "real-time" expandable / collapsible frame of
the
1. Users panel:  Have a small "Users" icon with a tooltip.  When we hover on
this icon, it will expand to open the user panel.  When we move out of the
panel, it will collapse.  Ditto for Files panel and toolbar below.
2. Files panel

This could possibly be done by combining
1. https://api.jqueryui.com/scale-effect/
2. Hover: frames and divs remain inside of their own relative area.  Animate
from (0,0) position both minus values so that they expand towards bottom right.
 z-index of expanding block will be higher than surrounding so that it appears
on top.
$(".img a img").hover(function() {
    $(this).closest(".img").css("z-index", 1);

    // this is where the popping out effect happens
    $(this).animate({ height: "800", width: "200", left: "-=30", top: "-=30" },
"fast");

}, function() {
    $(this).closest(".img").css("z-index", 0);
    $(this).animate({ height: "20", width: "20", left: "+=30", top: "+=30" },
"fast");
});​

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Hemant K. Sabat

Coscend Communications Solutions
www.Coscend.com
Real-time, Interactive Video Collaboration, Tele-healthcare, Tele-education,
Telepresence Services, on the fly…
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail Messages
from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:
http://www.Coscend.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html