I see, my fear about desktop API is it doesn't work well (browse() worked
50% of the times on the computers I got in the last 5 years for instance, I
didnt set it up, right, but also not a great default). That said we can
easily replace it by an exec with config + good default guess algorithm.

The system tray is interesting for me and I'm happy to test it on ubuntu
again.

I'm less convinced by the 3 but I can need to see the code to be more
accurate, for now it looks overkill for me but can be a "mail reading"
issue.

4 clearly belongs to CXF directly for me.

the update is very cool and I'm fine with Mark saying we do it here then
maybe generify it.

the resolution should however clearly be maven friendly for me since it is
the mainstream and the way to be the most usable. Resolution is very easy
without maven stack or any dependency and with no dep: grab
https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/container/openejb-loader/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/loader/provisining/MavenResolver.java
and
https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/container/openejb-loader/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/loader/provisining/HttpResolver.java
- code dependencies are easy to import, it is mainly sugar utilities we can
copy over and it is a few code. I see i a bit like OSGi features.xml, you
get a list of artifact (your manifest) and then grab it from coordinates
(http, mvn, local filesystem?, ...). Don't get me wrong, I'm not against
supporting s3: as an optional extension but 1. it shouldn't require any
dependency (no aws sdk) by default, and 2. it should be compatible with a
plain maven repo (httpd proxy) to be usable by most people.

Hope it makes sense.