> Am 02.02.2018 um 09:25 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>:
>
> the update is very cool and I'm fine with Mark saying we do it here then
> maybe generify it.

I thought about the update a bit longer.
A core issue with updates is to _not_ pick up faulty/dangerous updates.
So we might do something like bundling a public key to the distribution.
Then bundle the updates/new version with a private key of the company.
That means that the update mechanism can verify the upgrade binaries before he
accepts it.
That would allow to be an additional prevent against fraud.

Not sure if it's worth it and whether it's necessary at all though.

LieGrue,
strub