I have an owncloud server that I have been using happily from my Linux
systems for a few years.

My wife now want to use my owncloud server from her android tablet for
calendar and contacts.

This appears to be far from straightforward!

First question:-
    Is it better to use the browser interface to owncloud or are there
    specific Android owncloud calendar and contacts apps?

Second question:-
    Is there any 'Help' for the browser interface on Android, it
    doesn't seem work the same as the browser interface from Linux.
    We couldn't (for example) work out how to create a new event in
    the calendar, just tapping a date does nothing.

Third question:-
    Where does any created calendar or contacts get saved?  There's a
    calendar with a couple of events (we don't really know how we
    created them) in owncloud but I can't find any trace of
    corresponding files on my server.  I *can* see my own calendar and
    contacts files.

--
Chris Green