I'm still using Owncloud 7 in Debian 8, looking to see if I should upgrade or keep using it.

It is not a special server, just a container of files for download, as such there is barely any important database content.

The reason I wanted to say for picking 7 (instead of 8 at the time) was that 7 looked better to me with the user interface ;-).

I don't know right now but version 10 doesn't look bad.

Can anyone tell me some pros and cons with staying with 7 vs. going with 10 for me specifically?

- prefer to have something that will still work with PHP5?
- size is somewhat important (7 is about 50MB but more than 100MB is something I am going to feel a bit) - personally the only feature from 7 I wanted to use but couldn't at some point was (in addition to Files), the ability to play back music. I think that created havoc at some point and I turned off the plugin after
  it was said that it was only 'community supported'.

I would probably have wanted to use some database upgrade path but it seems that is not very easy with Owncloud?

- does Owncloud 10 still easily integrate "new" "discovered" files into its view and database?

One essential feature for me is that I can just move files there within the shell even if that is not officially supported, because Webdav is not something I really like and/or can get working and only a web interface is not enough (too slow).

Owncloud 7 never complained about any of that as long as I set permissions right and it just worked flawlessly each and every time.

So my most urgent needs are only:

- the functionality of Owncloud 7 (I don't really need more)
- easy moving files 'in place' outside of Owncloud
- maybe a music app
- size on disk for program files not bigger than 100MB
- preferably PHP 5 support also

And I only really want to choose between version 10 and 7.

Any ideas?

Regards, Xen.