We'll definitely remove hadoop1 support from 4.x, as it's causing pom
issues. We can't support both hadoop1 and hadoop2 and make hadoop2 the
default (see prior discussions - basically due to how other projects
poms are authored).

Sounds like a few folks are still relying on hadoop1 for 3.x, so I
guess we can leave support there a while longer.

Thanks,
James