I don't think anyone was complaining about the lack of responses.

I think it is natural to question whether a project is still alive given
that there have been few responses to recent questions.

Nobody wants to start using an open source project that's dead-- that just
leads to headaches.

OTOH, I'm glad to hear that Trident is alive and well!