Thanks for reply.

I don't think that (at least in last 2 month) there was too many questions
related with Trident. So, it wouldn't take much time IMO for a committer to
reply.  That is why users pay attention to community when they use/choose
open source.
In this case, if Trident is alive, and there is no community, then, I think
it is better be used in Storm's internal projects like Storm Sql as you
mentioned.
And lastly,  IMO , being commit-wise active is not an indicator of
project's being alive as an open source, as no-one besides committers can
benefit from it.

Regards,
Adrienne