> JSF is considered a MVC framework, just as ASP.NET is a MVC framework.
> These frameworks are component-centric. You build pages by assembling
> components, and the components can each fire their own actions to
> obtain and maintain state. Frameworks like Struts and Spring MVC are
> action-centric. You build actions that obtain and maintain state, and
> then use pages to present the state.
>
> Component-based frameworks tend to appeal to people who like to use an
> IDE to build a visual representation of the page, and then use glue
> code to paste the components together. Action-based frameworks tend to
> appeal to people who like to hand-code pages and normalize code.

This is my main problem I think. Not sure if I should use an action based
framework or go with JSF. Don't care about an IDE Designer - but I do care
about what will be in 2 years and if my application will be easy to maintain
and easy to extend for an even longer time.

Everything you read out there is about JSF, and that it will be the future.
Spring2 has the possibility to use it. But it overlaps functionality .. so
its not the best solution in my eyes.

>The simplest answer I know is to pick a use case from your application
>and implement it using each solution under consideration. It doesn't
>have to be a big use case, maybe just a search form that brings back a
>list. The important thing is to try it yourself, and choose what works
>best for you.

I really hoped to get an answer like: "Go for this technology, its the best
thing you can do right now"
Since it seems that it's not that easy, I will do what you suggested .. just
try out myself and see what fits my need :-)

Thanks for your long answer!