Hi,

I have now tested the 2.1 version or let us say that the installation procedure
was tested. My installation path was from 2.0.9. My findings are the following:

  1.  I had the same regarding the Junit version error message regarding
syncope console, but I did not delete the junit dependency in the console
pom-file. I just added the version information as  <version>4.8.1</version>
dummy value and it went through.
  2.  The database script generated the required sql-file as expected, but I
had to manually run most of it to double check that i got all the relations and
indexes set. I noted during this process that the table ownership was changed
from syncope to the default postgres DBA user, so I had to change this
manually. This was for the new relations that were created through the sql
scipt file. Easily fixed though.
  3.  The core is not so keen on starting...:) The rest is up and running
(enduser and syncope-console) but not the core. The log claims the following:
     *
17:31:00.300 ERROR org.flowable.engine.impl.cmd.ValidateV5EntitiesCmd - Found
v5 process definitions that are the latest version. Enable the
'flowable5CompatibilityEnabled' property in the process engine configuration
and make sure the flowable5-compatibility dependency is available on the
classpath
17:31:00.304 ERROR org.flowable.engine.impl.cmd.ValidateV5EntitiesCmd - Found
v5 process definition with id: userWorkflow:61:5012291, and key: userWorkflow
  4.  I hope that I do not have to recreate every user due to this error...:)

Regarding number 3: can I somehow affect this during run time within
workflow.properties or must it be done within the source and the corresponding
xml configuration for flowable itself? The flowable engine has not been in use
here before. I just do not find out right now where this configuration change
should go?

Otherwise...all my own customization did compile for version 2.1 also after
some modifications. Optional seems to be in pretty heavy use....:) More has
been packed into interfaces.

I just need to get the core started...:)

Regards,

        Mikael