On 12/07/2018 10:45, Mikael Ekblom wrote:

Hi,

Alright, looks good! Another question that I have is for the beforeProvision mapping transformation actions and the MappingItemTransformer class that is mentioned in the documentation: the link from the documentation gives a 404 for this item and I cannot find it within the source either? Is it supposed to be  there?

Thanks for reporting, MappingItemTransformer should have been ItemTransformer, I have updated the documentation accordingly.

In version 2.1, all my transformation actions based on  the ItemTransformer interface are not visible anymore.   Might be an issue with the previous upgrade too, so I’ll revert back to the latest snapshot and try again from scratch and see.

This is a consequence of SYNCOPE-1335: you might want to use

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/syncope/core/syncope-core-upgrade/2.1.1-SNAPSHOT/syncope-core-upgrade-2.1.1-20180712.064139-8.zip

rather than the official syncope-core-upgrade-2.1.0.zip, which contains the fix.

Regards.

*From:*Francesco Chicchiriccò [mailto:ilgro...@apache.org]
*Sent:* torstai 12. heinäkuuta 2018 9.18
*To:* user@syncope.apache.org
*Subject:* Re: Apache Syncope version 2.1 findings

FYI,

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Upgrade+from+2.0+Jazz

is now complete.

Regards.

    On 10/07/2018 17:08, Mikael Ekblom wrote:

        Hi,

        I have now tested the 2.1 version or let us say that the
        installation procedure was tested. My installation path was
        from 2.0.9.

    Hi Mikael,
    thanks for this review.
    You can find my replies embedded below.

    I am currently working at a better upgrade page:

    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Upgrade+from+2.0+Jazz

    Regards.

        My findings are the following:

         1. I had the same regarding the Junit version error message
            regarding syncope console, but I did not delete the junit
            dependency in the console pom-file. I just added the
            version information as  <version>4.8.1</version>  dummy
            value and it went through.

    Yep, SYNCOPE-1334 addresses this issue.
    I will add this to the upgrade page.

         1. The database script generated the required sql-file as
            expected, but I had to manually run most of it to double
            check that i got all the relations and indexes set. I
            noted during this process that the table ownership was
            changed from syncope to the default postgres DBA user, so
            I had to change this manually. This was for the new
            relations that were created through the sql scipt file.
            Easily fixed though.

    I understand, but I think this is expected. It is also the reason
    why we preferred to generate a SQL script rather than directly
    executing the generate upgrade statements.
    BTW, I have found some missing statements (see SYNCOPE-1335), that
    I will also report in the upgrade page.

         1. The core is not so keen on starting...:) The rest is up
            and running (enduser and syncope-console) but not the
            core. The log claims the following:

             1. 17:31:00.300 ERROR
                org.flowable.engine.impl.cmd.ValidateV5EntitiesCmd -
                Found v5 process definitions that are the latest
                version. Enable the 'flowable5CompatibilityEnabled'
                property in the process engine configuration and make
                sure the flowable5-compatibility dependency is
                available on the classpath
                17:31:00.304 ERROR
                org.flowable.engine.impl.cmd.ValidateV5EntitiesCmd -
                Found v5 process definition with id:
                userWorkflow:61:5012291, and key: userWorkflow

    I will publish the complete procedure to avoid this error in the
    upgrade page.

         1. I hope that I do not have to recreate every user due to
            this error...:)

    No, not needed, of course.

         1. Regarding number 3: can I somehow affect this during run
            time within workflow.properties or must it be done within
            the source and the corresponding xml configuration for
            flowable itself? The flowable engine has not been in use
            here before. I just do not find out right now where this
            configuration change should go?

        Otherwise...all my own customization did compile for version
        2.1 also after some modifications. Optional seems to be in
        pretty heavy use....:) More has been packed into interfaces.

    I will also include the expected code modifications, mainly due to
    widespread adoption of Java 8 language features, in the upgrade page.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò
Tirasa - Open Source Excellence