NSS Ltd <nss...@networksystemssolutions.co.uk> writes:

> When you say it happens all the time, do you mean every call has messed
> up (non numeric) results or is this just on particular uses?  (e.g.
> getting a particular message rather than total failure)

No, it seems to be exactly when my MUA asks aox for messages in a
mailbox newer than a specified message, that aox erroneously formats
that message number as 'V' in its query to pgsql.  Now, if PostgreSQL
would accept Roman numerals, I guess I wouldn't see an error message...

Everything works, so I suspect aox is falling back to reading each whole
mailbox every time I ask it to check for new mail.

-tih
--
Elections cannot be allowed to change anything.  --Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble