> On Sep 14, 2016, at 4:36 PM, Pierre Tardy <tar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ryan
>
> nine.buildbot.net has indeed been a mess as we weren't really using it for
> something real

FYI it's currently displaying a "502 Bad Gateway" error.

> I am currently changing that and it is currently being setup with
> buildbot_travis.
> It shows you roughly what nine looks like, but really the setup might be very
> different depending on your configuration.
>
> buildbot travis is an experimental buildbot setup that focuses on having the
> UI directly in github or gerrit rather than in buildbot itself, this is why
> it might be a little bit confusing.
> People are supposed to be pointed at buildbot only when there is a failed
> build, and directly in the problematic page.

That's an interesting idea but probably doesn't fit our current and planned
Buildbot usage.

> - The deploy panel is a featureof buildbot travis that we dont use in this
> instance, this is why it shows nothing. It is first as this is indeed the
> main page where people are supposed to go with buildbot travis if they are
> going to the UI directly.
>
> - The settings page you are seing are indeed administration pages (again from
> buildbot_travis), I think this is indeed a good idea to put them separately
> in an admin
> and the settings, thanks for the feedback.
> - console view is not enabled in buildbot_travis, because it is not adapted
> to the buildbot_travis process (waterfall view shall be disabled as well
> actually)

Since it sounds like nine.buildbot.net is not representative of what Buildbot
0.9 actually looks like, are there any public production Buildbot 0.9
installations that I can look at?

> - page load time is indeed a problem especially if you have high latency to
> the master, this is something people usually dont see as they are often
> located near the master. this is why this problem was not fixed for the 0.9.0
> release.

That's not the case for us; we're an open source project with developers
located throughout the world.

> The migration guide is hosted within the documentation and is pointed to at
> the first paragraph of the release note:
> http://buildbot.readthedocs.io/en/latest/manual/installation/nine-upgrade.html#upgrading-to-nine
>
> I would suggest to try to do the migration for your master.cfg and see how it
> feels for you own setup.

I currently don't have time to do that. Are there at least any screenshots
showing off typical versions of the various Buildbot 0.9 screens? Even better
would be a set of before-and-after screenshots showing how the various Buildbot
0.8 screens look now in 0.9.