Hi All, particularly Daniel, Sebastian and Simon,

We, as a community are very much aware of the shortfalls in 'backup and
recovery' options available natively in CloudStack - which is basically 'do
volume snapshots'.

Quite a while back, I published a high-level proposal of what I thought that a
backup and recovery
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=70258527

I've continued to work on it, and am current speaking to a couple of backup
vendors in order to have a framework concept that they will work with.
Hopefully within a few weeks I'll be able to publish a substantive proposal for
everyone to see and comment on.

Stay tuned

paul.an...@shapeblue.com