From: Sebastian Gomez [mailto:tioc...@gmail.com]
Sent: 14 February 2018 17:49
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Customer Backup with CS 4.7 and VMWare

Thank you Paul, its a good proposal.

This is a really piece to get a global solution. I think that it should be
treated like load balancer, where Cloudstack offers a simple, but useful
solution, and Cloudstack allows to integrate dedicated solutions like F5.
In fact, Cloudstack just offers a global solution, snapshots. This is a very
basic solution, but is a solution.

Would be great that Cloustack allow integration with solutions like Veeam
(p.ex). The connector (configured by cloud administrators) would allow users to
include each vm, and manage the recover from the cloudstack console (something
similar to the current VM snapshot management). And still more difficult: what
happen with deleted VMs? How to interact with ... whatever ... to recover a
virtual machine that just does not exists on CS.

But meanwhile, general solutions (like veeam) does not allow to delegate on
users their own backups.
We have some clients that uses backup agents on their virtual machines using
their own backup services (like EMC Networker).

@Simon Weller: Ceph, also sounds great...

What else?

Regards,

Atentamente,