I agree with you. I was not aware of that link in ACS website. I already
created a task for myself to fix that.

I thought the VPC CIDR was used only as a logical value internally in ACS.
However, as you pointed out, you can create a VPN to the whole VPC. Then,
yes, a restart would be required.

--
Rafael Weingärtner