Francesco,

I've been following your instructions below, starting from C). It all seems to work well, but when I get down to "mvn jetty:run", I get the following error: [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.mortbay.jetty:maven-jetty-plugin:6.1.26:run ( default-cli) on project theWebapp: Webapp source directory C:\Users\HuttarL\Docu ments\work\c3\theParent\theWebapp\target\theWebapp-1.0-SNAPSHOT does not exist -
> [Help 1]

(I changed "my" to "the" in folder names... minor cosmetic detail.)

I look, and it's true:
     theParent\theWebapp\target\
does not contain a folder named "theWebapp-1.0-SNAPSHOT". It only contains a folder named "classes". But I don't understand the mvn process well enough to know why such a folder is expected, or how to fix the problem.

If anyone wants to look at the full "mvn -e -X" stack trace and debug info, it's here:
    http://www.huttar.net/tmp/mvnerrors.txt

Any help is appreciated!

Lars