On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:41:08 +0100,
"Frank Schoenheit, Sun Microsystems Germany" <frank.schoenh...@sun.com> wrote:

[...]

> Okay, let's start with the simple part (it might take me a while to
> find the time to write that macro): unzip the .odb file with a tool of
> your choice (you might want to copy it to *.zip beforehand), and look
> into the file called settings.xml. Is there a XML node
> "layout-settings", which looks as if it could resemble the
> position/size of the windows in your relation designer?

Thanks for your help with this.  I can certainly see a "layout-settings"
node, but I get stuck interpreting it since I don't know the XML
language.  However, I expected to see a closing tag for the node
(something like "/layout-settings"), which isn't there.  Experimenting a
little by rearranging entities in the relation designer, saving, and
comparing against the settings.xml before this shows that the items
after the "layout-settings" node have not changed.  Here's the
settings.xml file in case you might spot something unusual.

--
Seb