Hi Seb,

> Thanks for your help with this.  I can certainly see a "layout-settings"
> node, but I get stuck interpreting it since I don't know the XML
> language.  However, I expected to see a closing tag for the node
> (something like "/layout-settings"), which isn't there.

Well, it is valid ... for better readability, you could untick the "Size
optimization ..." check box in Tools/Options/Load+Save/General, and
re-save the document.

> Experimenting a
> little by rearranging entities in the relation designer, saving, and
> comparing against the settings.xml before this shows that the items
> after the "layout-settings" node have not changed.  Here's the
> settings.xml file in case you might spot something unusual.

Well, looks good.

The fact that it doesn't change when you change the layout in the
designer, and save the design/document, indicates that this is a problem
with saving, not with reading.

Two questions:
Does it affect only this particular .odb file, or others, too? In
particular, if you create an .odb file from scratch, does it happen
there, too?

If you remove the settings.xml from your .odb file, again using a ZIP
tool of your choice - does the problem vanish then?

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         frank.schoenh...@sun.com -