2009/3/8 Tatu Saloranta <tsalora...@gmail.com>

> I am having a problem trying to build a bundle with Maven. Problem
> manifests when doing "mvn install" (or package) with following error
> message:
> ---
> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Cannot find lifecycle mapping for packaging: 'bundle'.
> Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingbundle.
> [INFO]
> ---
>
> The pom.xml has standard settings as detailed on
> [http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html]
> as well as on multiple blog pages. And specifically I do have
> "<extensions>true</extensions>" in plug-in definition (which was
> mentioned as one cause for such a problem).
>
> I am using Maven 2.0.10 (had 2.0.7, upgraded, no change), and use the
> default maven repository (repo1.maven.org); although none of changes I
> have tried (various) have had any effect on this particular problem.
>
> Does this sound familiar to anyone? I can try to give more details if
> necessary, but pom.xml does not seem to differ at all from suggested
> ones, all of which are very similar to each other. So I'm guessing
> maybe there is something

I was able to use the bundleplugin with Maven 2.0.10 and the following pom:

<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>examples</groupId>
  <artifactId>my-app</artifactId>
  <packaging>bundle</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
        <version>2.0.0</version>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

perhaps you could post the content of your pom?

another thing to check is whether your download of the bundleplugin got
corrupted
somehow - try removing the
".m2/repository/org/apache/felix/maven-bundle-plugin"
directory from your local repository (should be located under your home
directory)

unfortunately Maven doesn't always recover from dropped or interrupted
network
connections, so often it's worth removing the relevant part of the local
repository
and trying again in case the downloaded jar is corrupt...

-+ Tatu +-