On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/8 Tatu Saloranta <tsalora...@gmail.com>
>
>> I am having a problem trying to build a bundle with Maven. Problem
>> manifests when doing "mvn install" (or package) with following error
>> message:
>> [INFO] Cannot find lifecycle mapping for packaging: 'bundle'.
>> Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingbundle.
>> [INFO]
>> Does this sound familiar to anyone? I can try to give more details if
>> necessary, but pom.xml does not seem to differ at all from suggested
>> ones, all of which are very similar to each other. So I'm guessing
>> maybe there is something
>>
> I was able to use the bundleplugin with Maven 2.0.10 and the following pom:

Very interesting. Using your sample does make things work, and pointed
out exactly what seems to be the problem: I had '<pluginManagement>'
inside '<build>'. Removing that seems to resolve the problem. And
reading through schema desc for pom.xml it makes sense --
pluginManagement defines sort of baseline, and plain <plugins> is
needed for instances.

Thank you for your help!

-+ Tatu +-