2009/3/8 Tatu Saloranta <tsalora...@gmail.com>

> On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > 2009/3/8 Tatu Saloranta <tsalora...@gmail.com>
> >
> >> I am having a problem trying to build a bundle with Maven. Problem
> >> manifests when doing "mvn install" (or package) with following error
> >> message:
> >> [INFO] Cannot find lifecycle mapping for packaging: 'bundle'.
> >> Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
> >> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingbundle.
> >> [INFO]
> >> Does this sound familiar to anyone? I can try to give more details if
> >> necessary, but pom.xml does not seem to differ at all from suggested
> >> ones, all of which are very similar to each other. So I'm guessing
> >> maybe there is something
> >>
> > I was able to use the bundleplugin with Maven 2.0.10 and the following
> pom:
>
> Very interesting. Using your sample does make things work, and pointed
> out exactly what seems to be the problem: I had '<pluginManagement>'
> inside '<build>'. Removing that seems to resolve the problem. And
> reading through schema desc for pom.xml it makes sense --
> pluginManagement defines sort of baseline, and plain <plugins> is
> needed for instances.

that's right, <pluginManagement> lets you configure plugins without adding
them to the current pom lifecycle, just like <dependencyManagement> lets
you configure dependencies (version, etc.) without adding them to the pom

when you add a plugin to the build, the <pluginManagement> configuration
is merged in with the local configuration - btw, to see the merged pom use:

   mvn help:effective-pom

which I find very useful when debugging maven configuration issues - HTH

Thank you for your help!

np

-+ Tatu +-