On 10/16/16, 9:55 AM, "Carlos Cruz" <car...@nbtbizcapital.com> wrote:

>I know I'm very late to the party, but I think for anyone that works on
>large Flex applications it's an important topic. A few years ago I did
>some
>tests comparing  REST calls VS BlazeDS to communicate with another Apache
>project OFBiz. BlazeDS was significantly much faster. When interfacing an
>application to retrieve 100's / 1000's of DB records speed becomes an
>important factor.
>
>I'm hoping to start testing FlexJS in the very near future and one of the
>JS
>libraries I was going to try to test is amfjs
>(https://github.com/emilkm/amfjs).

I'm definitely interested in what you find out.  My main concern is AMF
performance in the browser.  I think we can write enough code to make it
work, but if the speed you saw in your past test was because AMF was
handled by the runtime, you may not see the same results when we handle
AMF in JS.  But we definitely need a volunteer to write the code to truly
understand how fast/slow it will be compared to JSON, especially JSON with
compression over the network.

My 2 cents,
-Alex