From: Alex Harui [mailto:aha...@adobe.com]
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 1:09 AM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: [FlexJS] Support in BlazeDS communication

On 10/16/16, 9:55 AM, "Carlos Cruz" <car...@nbtbizcapital.com> wrote:

>I know I'm very late to the party, but I think for anyone that works on
>large Flex applications it's an important topic. A few years ago I did
>some tests comparing  REST calls VS BlazeDS to communicate with another
>Apache project OFBiz. BlazeDS was significantly much faster. When
>interfacing an application to retrieve 100's / 1000's of DB records
>speed becomes an important factor.
>I'm hoping to start testing FlexJS in the very near future and one of
>the JS libraries I was going to try to test is amfjs

I'm definitely interested in what you find out.  My main concern is AMF
performance in the browser.  I think we can write enough code to make it work,
but if the speed you saw in your past test was because AMF was handled by the
runtime, you may not see the same results when we handle AMF in JS.  But we
definitely need a volunteer to write the code to truly understand how fast/slow
it will be compared to JSON, especially JSON with compression over the network.

My 2 cents,