I'll try that just as a test.  In the meantime, I "traced" the width and
height values by writing them to a label component that is visible on my
screen after the application is complete, and it displays 1536x2048, which
is correct for my iPad.  Yet, the spacing between my buttons is WAY off, and
the grid is twice as wide as it is supposed to be??? I'll listen for the
Resize event, but even if it does fire, all of my calculations will still be
based on the 1536x2048 screen size.