Hi,

Am 15.03.2011 18:49, schrieb Gordon Burgess-Parker:

> On 15/03/11 15:51, Stefan Weigel wrote:

>> People were expecting that OOo is just the same as MSO, but for
>> free. People were complaining about functions that were not exactly
>> the same as in Word, Excel or Powerpoint.

> Then that's a lack of communication and explanation.

Exactly. That´s what I am saying. It´s a failure of communication.
By always comparing OpenOffice.org or LibreOffice to Microsoft
Office, people get the impression, OOo/LO are supposed to be a
replacement for MSO.

You may wanna check how often OpenOffice is mentioned as a clone of
Microsoft Office:

http://www.google.com/webhp?q=openoffice+microsoft+clone&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=7fc57fb14125b088

Cheers
Stefan