-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Stanton <m...@vowleyfarm.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, 16 March 2011 9:56 AM
To: users@libreoffice.org
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Has it all except ... #2

Hi,

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

To clear up an incorrect impression I seem to have created, I'm not a
M$ Office user, haven't ever been, except when I've been forced into
it at some particular site where I've been on contract.  As a Virtual
Access user I'm... Shall we say "underwhelmed" by Outlook, of any
variety.  And in fact most M$ s/w.

The purpose behind my suggestion was primarily to offer a route to
strengthen the LO package.  I agree that it is silly for people to
expect LO/OO to be an exact replacement for M$O, but it seems to me
that covering the same bases that M$O does would make LO a far more
attractive, and easier, step to take for the mainstream.  LO/OO/Linux
not offering that *easy* step is of course (?) why they still have so
much "scope for expansion".

I thought I had seen a statement on the LO website which amounted to
a claim to match M$O, but I can't find it now so I might've made it
up, sorry.

It's true that Outlook isn't really "integrated" into the other
packages, in fact it seems to me the LO/OO suite is far better
integrated, however that's not the point I wanted to make.  It's the
fact that LO doesn't offer anything in the email category.  I agree
that using something already existing would be a smart move.  It only
needs to install it, if that...

I just wanna change the world so that those small communities and
passionate individuals really make a wide scale difference, just a
small step. :-)

Mark Stanton
One small step for mankind...