On 16/03/11 07:15, Bruce Carlson wrote:
  I now use evolution on my linux machines and until evolution for windows
improves sufficiently I simply will not use windows for emails at all. Except
this smart phone--HTC touch pro 2-- Evolution email imports all calenda and
contact info from outlook with no problems.

The major problem I found with Evolution is that it won't write tasks to an internet-based calendar. I use icalx.com to automatically synch calendar AND tasks between two machines and Evolution will not write tasks to that calendar. The Lightning extension in Thunderbird will.