On 29/08/12 23:39, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
LibreOffice doesn't have a 64bit version and allegedly needs java to be 32 bit
too.

I don't know where you got that idea from, unless you haven't noticed that I'm talking about Linux, not the MS product. ;-)

I've been using fully 64 bit systems for several years, firstly with OOo and then LO and, as indicated further down this thread, the combination is functioning perfectly well on another system with the same software installation(s). I'm guessing that the mal-functioning is related to the profile somewhere. Experiments continue.

Peter HB