Ok, I don't know what Data Replication is.
Please see http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/definition/database-replication

I don't know what Key Exchange is.
Please see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U62S8SchxX4

But I think somebody does.

On 3/2/2016 12:06 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
On 3/2/2016 11:32 AM, Paul D. Mirowsky <p_mirow...@bentaxna.com> wrote:
We're talking POP and Thunderbird.
And like I said, POP simply isn't designed for such usage.

IMAP is a pre-existing condition.
No idea what you mean by that.

The ability for POP clients to keep all of their shared clients current
is a glaring omission that should be rectified.
It was, a very long time ago. The rectification is called:

IMAP.

IMAP is a security risk that increases the attack surface area. YaHoo,
should I say more.
No, you really shouldn't, because you obviously don't know what you're
talking about.

The only thing IMAP *might* have in common with Yahoo is that Yahoo
*may* support the protocol (whether or not it does, and if so how well,
is another question that I have zero interest in, because anyone who
uses it for email is someone who doesn't have a clue).