On 2/29/2016 11:33 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
On 2/29/2016 11:04 AM, Paul D. Mirowsky <p_mirow...@bentaxna.com> wrote:
On 2/27/2016 5:38 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
Lotus SmartSuite was am integrated mail server/groupware solution.

You're comparing apples and oranges.
You are correct again.  But the question is, how can we put the apple
and the orange together.
Turn TB into a mail *server*? Ain't gonna happen, no reason to.

And - no offense, but - anyone suggesting this hasn't a clue what it
takes to make a real mail server *or* client.

While I do plead ignorance about mail servers, software resident on the users machine can do what it wants. Since PGP already exists in Thunderbird, a server is not required for updating. Theoretically, If I'm using TB on two machines that uses a PGP tied to an e-mail address, both would be allowed to interact about changes to each. A change in the status, say a "marked as Deleted" creates a time stamped "STATUS" file. This file is e-mailed and received when you go to another machine to get your email in Thunderbird. Thunderbird says "You have received a STATUS update. Would you like to apply it? YES / NO.
This is a clue...