On 9/17/2016 2:06 PM, <girvin_herr+gherr_li...@fastmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/17/2016 03:30 AM, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
>> Le 16/09/2016 à 21:43, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster a écrit :
>>> Today, I was working on a 11x17 inch tabloid paper poster.  I am using
>>> Ubuntu 16.04 MATE 64bit running LO 5.2.0.4.  The paper size of the
>>> document was the tabloid size.  When I went to print the document to my
>>> HP printer [13x19 inch max] the paper size drop down menu was grayed out
>>> and set for US Letter size.
>> Did you try to check the third option in the Option tab of the print
>> dialog : "Use only paper size from printer preferences" ?

> Yes.  That worked.
>
> However, it does not seem to be a global setting.  It appears one must
> set this option for each print, or at least for each document if the
> setting is embedded in the document. I have not tested that. A global
> setting option does not seem to be in the Tools > Options > Print menu.
> How does one set this as the default?
>
> BTW, On my LO 5.0.6.3, it is the 4th option down.  My 3rd option is "Use
> only paper _tray_ from printer preferences".

Hmmm...

On my Windows (7 Pro, 64bit), with 5.1.5, tabloid size is called "11x17"
(has been for a very long time), and choosing 'Use only paper size from
printer prefs' doesn't work...

Can anyone else on Windows test this and see if it works for you?

I tried so many things a long time ago trying to work around this, maybe
something I did is now getting in my way?