On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 5:11 PM, David Dawson <
david.daw...@simplicityitself.com> wrote:

> I would vote 2.
>
> Actually, i would vote 3) abandon 2.6 immediately.

We identified a few major things that were broken in the previous alpha
release of
2.6 but only due to trivial packaging issues, hence the plan to do one more
release.

Also, Jesper identified a few things that can easily be aligned from 3.0 in
a very short period of time. I am happy to wait for his thumbs up before
proceeding.

I am also keen on releasing another alpha of 3.0 at the same time as the
2.6 alpha.
I believe that will make our life easier when answering future
support-oriented questions
about 2.6 on the mailing list going forward.

So, doing one more alpha release of 2.6 has minimal impact on 3.0 timing
and leaves
us in as clean a state as can be hoped for when retiring a previously
planned branch.

Cheers, Paul.