Am 23. Februar 2018 9:34:23 nachm. schrieb Kent West <we...@acu.edu>:

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 9:26 AM, mlrx <m...@18informatique.com> wrote:

Le 23/02/2018 à 15:24, Kent West a écrit :

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 1:18 AM, mlrx <m...@18informatique.com> wrote:

Hello,

is the simplest way be something like this (?) :

vhost1 : actual WP conf
vhost2 : DocumentRoot = WP directory
          DirectoryIndex index.html

In index.html, the button links to vhost1/index.php.

I apologize for being uneducated about Apache2, but I'm not quite up on
"vhost". Are your lines above something I should put verbatim into my
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/sitename.conf file, or am I supposed to tailor
them to my specific settings, and if so, I really have no idea how to go
about doing that.

Thanks!

Hello,

vhost = virtual host = 1 web site (short way)
You need one file per vhost in sites-available/

Wath I suggest is to configure -for ex.- :
- vhostA with domain.tld
    DirectoryIndex index.html
- vhostB with sub.domain.tld (actual WP)
    DirectoryIndex index.php

So I did:

cp /etc/apache2/sites-available/sitename.org /etc/apache2/sites-available/
beta.sitename.org

Then edited the beta.sitename.org, changing the "DirectoryIndex index.html"
to "DirectoryIndex index.php", and changing "ServerName sitename.org" to
"ServerName beta.sitename.org".

Then I created the symlink ("a2ensite beta.sitename.org").

Then I restarted Apache2 ("systemctl restart apache2").

Now when I web-browse to "sitename.org" I get the .html file as expected,
but when I browse to "beta.sitename.org" I get "Hmm. We're having trouble
finding that site."

Did you make a DNS entry for beta.sitename.org in your DNS zone file??

Tom

I would like to point a detail:
This directive
    DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
mean
    serve index.php 1st if exists else serve index.html 1st

Am I better for understanding?

I think I already understood this, but since I have both files, it only
serves up the first one, every time, which is not what I want.

Thanks!

Regards,

--
benoist